Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Stewed Green Beans

This recipe comes to us from Jenn who picks up her share in Market Square on Thursdays.

I've never cooked fresh green beans before, but after having tried this, I will be making it again, often.

I heated a pan with about 1 Tablespoon organic butter and threw 1/2 chopped onion in.  Season with salt and pepper.  Once the onions are mostly transparent I added a piece of fresh garlic, pressed.  Stir around and add 1 chopped heirloom tomato and some oregano.  I cooked this about 4-5 minutes for the tomatoes to cook down a little.  I then added my green beans (which I weight mine and had about 6.5 ounces)
that I had chopped, about 1/2 cup water, more salt and pepper to taste, and covered and cooked until the green beans were to my desired tenderness.  I tried them when they were al dente and they were good
but once they softened more they were considerably better.

Much of this dish was eaten right then, as it was that good.  But I
did save some for today, which I heated in a pan, then mixed a little
olive oil with it (post heating) and served over brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment